Frameworks and tools for ethical decision making
- BMA Armed Forces Ethics Toolkit
"This tool kit signposts the kinds of ethical factors you need to take into consideration when making ethical decisions."
- Humanitarian Health Ethics Analysis Tool (HHEAT)
"HHEAT is an ethical analysis tool designed to help humanitarian healthcare workers make ethical decisions. This tool can be used in pre-departure training to work through common cases and scenarios, in the field when ethical issues arise, or in debriefing sessions after particularly difficult decisions."
- Beam, T.E. (Ed.), 2003. Military Medical Ethics, vols. 1 and 2. Borden Institute, Washington.
- Gross, M.L., Carrick, D. (Eds.), 2013. Military medical ethics for the 21st century. Ashgate.
- Levy, B.S., Sidel, V.W., 2008. War and public health. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Mehring, S., 2015. First Do no Harm. Medical Ethics in International Humanitarian Law. Leiden: Brill
- Messelken, D., Baer, H.U. (Eds.), 2013. Proceedings of 2nd ICMM Workshop on Military Medical Ethics. Bern: BBL.
- Messelken, D., Baer, H.U. (Eds.), 2014. Proceedings of 3rd ICMM Workshop on Military Medical Ethics. Bern: BBL. http://publications.melac.ch/
- Messelken, D., Winkler, D (Eds.), 2015. Proceedings of 4th ICMM Workshop on Military Medical Ethics. Bern: BBL. http://publications.melac.ch/
- Rubenstein, L.S., 2004. "Medicine and War". The Hastings Center Report 34, 3â€“3.
- Slim, H. 2015. Humanitarian ethics : a guide to the morality of aid in war and disaster. New York: Oxford University Press.
- zebis (ed.). 2015. "Saving the Enemy? Military Medical Personnel under Fire". Ethics and Armed Forces. Issue 2015/1.